Friday, December 7, 2007

so proud of myself

this is a copy of an old post from my old blog (efx2blogs). some smilies, graphics, and/or links may be missing, but you get the idea.

*********************************************


12/4 was a milestone for me. it marked one year on atkins. the low carb group i belong to calls it an "atkins-versary". i celebrated with low carb cheesecake. :-) i am quite proud of myself. the last time i did atkins, i didn't lose quite as much and i had cheat days. not for lack of willpower, but because i was attempting to shock my metabolism when i hit a plateau. i've hit two plateaus (including the one i'm on at present) on this second journey, but i decided to wait it out instead of having a planned cheat day. i didn't even cheat on thanksgiving. and you know what? i didn't feel deprived at ALL. i just made myself low carb, sugar free things to eat and i was fine. i even made a low carb pumpkin cheesecake that was fucking awesome.

the wife and kids keep telling me that i have awesome willpower, but i don't even see it like that. to me, its just the way i eat now. i don't miss any of the carb filled treats anymore. my efforts have been richly rewarded, which makes it easier as well. i'm now fit enough to work out on a regular basis, i'm wearing clothes that are two sizes smaller, and i've lost a total of 60 pounds. i may be plateau-ing like a big dog, but i'm a happy camper. i get compliments almost on a daily basis.

so, one year of watching everything that goes onto my plate and into my mouth, working out and drinking more water than i thought humanly possible before i started. now i just have the rest of my life to go. :-)

Posted: 4:48 PM, 12/7/2007 in Diary of a fat girl

1 comment:

  1. Untitled Comment
    That's awesome! I went on Atkins for three weeks and lost 18 pounds. But then I went to France for 17 days and gained it all back. I couldn't resist all the bread and pastries, lol

    Keep up the good work!

    Posted by LauriesAsylum at 4:53 PM, 12/7/2007
    Link | Edit | Delete


    Untitled Comment
    I went on it about two months ago and was absolutely religious about it...no cheating at all. I lost seven pounds the first week and then fluctuated between four or five pounds since.
    I've been a low carb eater (mostly) for the past five years so maybe my body has simply adjusted to it. I don't know but it's all so frustrating.
    I am very proud of you though and I can tell how much happier, more content you are. Yay to that!!!

    Posted by ben at 5:35 PM, 12/7/2007
    Link | Edit | Delete


    Untitled Comment
    Good for you!

    I have no will power...I wish I did. I really need to do something about my weight before it becomes a health issue.

    Posted by littleMissConfused at 6:39 PM, 12/7/2007
    Link | Edit | Delete


    Untitled Comment
    Congrats to you! Truly, if people just change their eating habits to something healthy they'll be like you - it will become second nature after a while. : )

    You rock!

    Posted by DeeJay at 9:46 PM, 12/8/2007
    Link | Edit | Delete

    ReplyDelete