Friday, May 1, 2009

not really here, only a figment of your imagination

so, i've been MIA for a few days. i don't really have an explanation, other than the fact that true to my astrological sign, i can be a crab sometimes and retreat into my shell. i get quiet and don't feel like interacting much. i have mentioned previously the love affair i am having with facebook. but it goes even deeper than that. when don't feel like talking much, facebook lets me look out the peephole while staying in my little safe space. i can keep up with people without having to actually "say" anything. i can take a quiz and post my results or read my friends updates, etc. i have still been reading blogs almost every day, but when i'm in that mood, i rarely comment. so for those of you whose blogs i read, i still love ya! ;-)

here is whats been going on in my world:

i'm officially a step-grandma. the baby is almost two months old now. i thought i had already mentioned that on here, but i just looked at my posts and see that i didn't. i know mentioned it on facebook. (just more proof of how i'm cheating on my blog with facebook)

went to the rheumatologist, had my blood work interpreted, had some re-done. its lupus. it is, however, progressing slowly. for now, i need to get a ct of my lungs (he found an "abnormality" on my chest xray) and see him every 3 months. no meds or anything yet.

i went to see a therapist for the first time in my adult life this week. i liked her. of course it was the getting to know you session, so she didn't have any words of wisdom for me yet. i'm keeping an open mind, though.

i am back on the induction phase of atkins. so far i've lost 10 pounds, which is freaking awesome after being stalled for ever and a day. since i'm being much more strict, i'm cooking my own meals again, which has gotten me back into the kitchen. i LOVE that.

other than that, not much is going on. i'm still in love with my wife, i'm still employed. all good stuff.

in other news, while i was in my quiet space, there were a few days that i didn't log into my google reader. when i finally did, over 1000 updates. i think its time to re-evaluate my subscriptions.

i'm still sort of in the quiet-ish mood, but i'm around.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the baby!

    The first couple of sessions with a therapist are the "getting to know you" ones and it stinks but as time goes by, it will be much more comfortable and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Therapy is fantastic, everyone should do it.
    And everyone should drink wine too. Two glasses a day and the world would be a calmer place :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read a blog about your therapy.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh there will be those, for sure. so far, we've only had two sessions, so not much to say.

    ReplyDelete